Rev. Stephen Boissoin

Alberta Pastor Fined $7000 and Ordered to Publicly Apologize and Remain Silent on Homosexuality-"On Friday, the Alberta Human Rights Commission ordered Alberta pastor Stephen Boissoin to desist from expressing his views on homosexuality in any sort of public forum. He was also commanded to pay damages equivalent to $7,000 as a result of the tribunal's November decision to side with complainant and homosexual activist Dr. Darren Lund. The tribunal has also called for Boissoin to personally apologize to Lund via a public statement in the local newspaper."

http://www.stephenboissoin.com-/web site of Mr Boissoin giving his side of the story. "June 8, 2008 I will never apologize regardless of the consequences and I will not pay fines unless failing to do so prevents my ability to appeal.......I stand by what I said and how I said it. I stand by MY context and interpretation of it. I publicly declare that I do not hate homosexuals and further declare that I love God and regardless how I too stumble through this life, I believe that His teachings are true, relevant and worthy of proclamation, again, regardless of the consequences. As hard as this last week has been "I publicly praise God for giving me the convictions that put me in this troubling position." I would rather be here and suffering tenfold worse than to be one that does not know or trust in HIM!!! To all who pray for me, for us and support our freedom, thank-you and blessings to you all. Stephen Boissoin"

How it all began-Links to story that he wrote that got him in trouble.

Actual order of Human Rights Panel-Check pg 5 and 6 under 14. a and c. Unbelievable!!! Only in Canada?

What could Mark Steyn's punishment look like? Look at Alberta-"It could look like this order, issued just last week by Alberta's human rights commission, against a Christian pastor named Rev. Stephen Boission. (The substantive ruling against Rev. Boissoin can be found here. See paragraph 357 where the right not to be offended "trumps the freedom of speech afforded in the Charter." And see a thoughtful response by the former executive director of the gay rights lobby, EGALE, here.)"

Good News: check out what is happening in the UK

UK: House of Lords recognizes dangers of hate laws to free speech and religious liberty-"BBC London news report on conscience exemption","evangelical Christians have become "the most vigorously persecuted and least protected" group in the country (The report, which has been endorsed by the Archbishops of Canterbury and York)","this law confuses disagreement with hatred"

Obama

Obama would use 'bully pulpit' to advance homosexual agenda-"In Illinois, I co-sponsored a fully inclusive bill that prohibited discrimination on the basis of both sexual orientation and gender identity, extending protection to the workplace, housing, and places of public accommodation.....And as president, I will place the weight of my administration behind the enactment of the Matthew Shepard Act to outlaw hate crimes and a fully inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act to outlaw workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity...."-Take note: no concern in the letter for the abused use of such laws, as seen in Mr Boissoin, silencing the pro-family religious conservative right and think also how convenient these laws are for the political left!!!

Obama vs McCain video report on values issues contrast from Focus on the Family.

See more on Obama here



Yanking Back the Balance/Filling in the Gaps/Emphasizing the Missing Headlines
"While just government protects all in their religious rights, true religion affords to government its surest support."-George Washington

Blog Widget by LinkWithin